5.01.2013

Vaginal Fantasy Book Club #16: GHOST PLANET

Thank you to the lovely ladies of Vaginal Fantasy for the entertaining book review/chat! They said lots of nice things about the book, with a little bit of critical discussion as well.

The most interesting part of the discussion, I thought, was regarding the differences between GHOST PLANET's heroine and the heroines in the books they usually read. Elizabeth being more of a brainy gal and less of the action hero (though as Felicia points out, she kills a couple people!). My take on that is Elizabeth is more survivor than action hero -- the events in the plot bring out strengths she's never used or needed before.

I also enjoyed the lighter discussion about sexy times and Irish heroes and such. Especially the bit where they chat about what kind of plant they would each get on Ardagh 1. Oh! And I love that they loved Ian, my favorite secondary character.

Finally, let's not forget Bonnie's beverage! It's the first time I've seen a wine glass big enough to hold an entire bottle.

Thanks again to Bonnie (and Bonnie's dog), Kiala, Felicia, and Veronica!


2 comments:

  1. Sharon, hi!

    I had a nice bottle of red wine and some time to kill. I randomly picked Episode 16 from the Geek & Sundry YouTube feed, and I couldn't be happier because it introduced me to your writing! I rarely read romance, but I love sci-fi and the premise of GHOST PLANET is the most original sci-fi idea I've come across in ages. The premise and Veronica's endorsement were enough to convince me to buy a copy. However, it is your skill, your sci-fi creativity, and sense of humor that have made me a fan. Thank you for writing & publishing!!

    -aniko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, how wonderful, Aniko! Thank you so much for sharing your story of finding and reading GHOST PLANET. I am really grateful to the VF gals for helping to get the word out about the book.

      I'm so pleased you enjoyed the book, and thank you for the very kind words! I have to admit I got a little teary. :) I clicked your name and discovered that you are an author too, so I don't have to tell you that feeling that special connection with a reader is the whole reason we do this.

      Congrats on finishing your second manuscript! You have now twice done what most people never do once. And I love your author tagline. :)

      All best to you in your writing, and thank you again for making the decision to purchase my book, and for dropping by to let me know you enjoyed it.

      Sharon

      Delete